Bentley College Library opened its doors in the fall of 1959 in the Back Bay neighborhood of Boston. When the College acquired land in Waltham, MA in the early 1960s, the library was among the original group of buildings erected to form the new campus. Since 1968, the library's majestic clock tower has served as the distinctive centerpiece of the University's beautiful upper campus.
The Library’s more than 185,000 print volumes, 217,000 electronic books, and 66,000 serials offer a depth of scholarly resources in the areas of accountancy, business economics, and information design and corporate communication. The library is noted for its historical accounting collection and the early accounting textbooks written by its founder, Harry C. Bentley.